i just made a test account to see if this worth paying or not, and, what can i say?..the software and backup system works great. But i also discovered the terms for this service, and i have some questions about some parts of it:
By this, you mean that in case of data loss, because of your server fail, or anything not related to the customer, thus related to the provider, i have to “indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Decho and its suppliers”? or it’s just related to data loss because of the customer?
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Decho and its suppliers from any and all loss, cost, liability, and expense arising from or related to your data, your use of the Service, or your violation of these terms.
What exactly “without limitation” means? I know what non-personally identifiable information means, but maybe you’re interested on how much time i make use of yahoo messenger?..or mozilla thunderbird?..or you might install a keylogger to see how many “A” i press on the keyboard ..please explain “without limitation” better to me.
- The Software and Service may collect certain non-personally identifiable information that resides on your computer, including, without limitation, statistics relating to how often backups are started and completed, performance metrics relating to the Software, and configuration settings. This information collected will be sent to Decho and may be used by Decho without restriction.
I’m not sure what “as part of the Service means”. Because i don’t want my data to be stored anywhere on your hardware without my consent and someone to have physical access to the hardware involved in the storage.
- When you back up data via the Service, you agree that we and our service providers may copy and store such data as part of the Service.
So, today i have my whole hard-drive backed “as part of the Service”, but tomorrow when i reinstall my operating system and try to restore things, i see my account disabled without notice? I really hope you’re kidding about this.
- Decho reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend, or discontinue providing the Service or any part thereof in its sole discretion with or without notice.
Hopefully, i will be noticed on my e-mail about agreement changes?..or do i have to browse your website every day to see if something is changed to the agreement, and see if i still comply or not. In case i’m not, hopefully get a refund on my money paid.
- Decho reserves the right at any time to modify this Agreement in its sole discretion, without liability to you. This Agreement, as amended, will be effective upon acceptance of registration for new users and effective for all existing users 15 days after the posting of any amended terms on the Mozy.com website. You agree to be bound by this Agreement, as modified. If you do not agree to any changes to this Agreement, you must terminate your account immediately.
And in “payment + refunds” i found this:
- You are free to cancel your account at any time. Similarly, Decho reserves the right to cancel any account at any time, for any reason, including, but not limited to, a breach of this Agreement or the EULA.
What exactly “for any reasons” means? If it rains too much, and my first name initial draws itself magically on the window of your office, and this upsets you, i get my account revoked and i loose all my files?..and that of course, “without notice”?[update]: Motherfuckers still didn’t reply to my e-mail. I guess they’re still thinking of a reason for me to pay for their crap service.
Please correct me if i’m wrong, but i must be out of my mind to pay for something like this, no matter how cheap this could be. If i want some online storage, and trust me, i tried almost every usable online storage there is, that has no guarantees and preferably cheap (or free), there’s always www.mybloop.com, which is free, and i didn’t even read their license agreement, and that’s because it’s free, and i can understand terms and agreement like you have on your website.
I know that not everybody reads the licence agreement, but i wanna know what happens to my personal files, pictures,..everything, and first of all, i don’t wanna loose any of them, so i need some guarantees.
Thanks in advance.