Thursday, April 29, 2010

Alfresco Enterprise CMS /etc/hosts problem

I've been trying for the last 4 hours to make a test installation of Alfresco on a Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS virtual machine. Unfortunately, I had a very strange problem about some ObjID already in use. I've tried everything, ...like, changing ports, disabling apparmor, reinstall, everything...But, after those 4 hours..or maybe more, I just found the answer here. The problem is that in /etc/hosts I had a different IP for my hostname, that's because it was actually a clone of another machine, so it had the original's IP address in that file, and I had to change the IP for not having an IP conflict, ...anyway, after modifying my /etc/hosts file, I reinstalled everything, and works smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment