Monday, April 19, 2010

Avant Window Navigator

AWN it's a cool dock-style panel that I just discovered today. It was added automatically for some plugins of banshee media player. I tried installing it because of the lack of equalizer of Rhythmbox. Unfortunately, wasn't very impressed by the performance, and the banshee-telepathy plugin to be able to change my Empathy status, was missing from the repository, and I wasn't able to install.

Anyway, AWN, looks great, works great on my EEE PC, and has really nice effects, ..and applets. All packages including extra applets are:

awn-applets-c-core
awn-applets-python-core
awn-applets-python-extras
awn-settings
libawn1
python-awn
python-awn-extras

I just took a print screen of how I've made it look...

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting and knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it a lot. Please do more blogs in the future. Thank you and God bless to the blogger!

    Rica
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete