Friday, April 23, 2010

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS updates

After the latest updates installed, there's the battery icon both in Notification Area and Indicator Applet, and notification about battery charging and discharging got bigger, which looks uglier on my small Eee PC screen. Hopefully, they'll fix this by the release date on 29th this month. They'll also have to fix my hotkeys problem, and not that grub fix that finishes the ethernet card.

[update]: you can hide one of the icons by left-clicking the icon and then "Preferences", and then on the last tab called "General" check the "Never display an icon" option, and then Close. My choice was to never show the icon from Indicator Applet, because the one in Notification Area is smaller, and I like small things on my small Eee PC desktop.

[update #2]: after disappearing again, it reappeared today. I guess it has something to do with update-manager but I'm not sure what exactly. Still, after few updates including acpi-support, no support for my hotkeys. Hopefully they'll get all bugs fixed by the end of next week, when the release date is coming. They've also discovered a memory leak in X.org package, but fortunately, I don't seem to get affected or at least, the startup time looks ok to me. The only thing that's slowing my boot is after the login screen, and it's because AWN is loading. Unfortunately, I like it too much to see it gone, so I'm not uninstalling it soon, I'll just have to get used to those 10 seconds of freeze before everything appears on my desktop after the login screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment